Here at Suite 4, we partnered with Hubspot to create a simple 3-step formula on how to blog. Anyone can follow this to create great content. TIP: Print it off and post it on your wall to help defeat writer’s block every time…
Step 1) YOUR INTRODUCTION:
Creating a”how-to” post is probably the easiest way to break the ice. Your “how to” post should teach the reader how to do something by breaking it down into a series of steps.
- Begin your blog post by explaining what problem you are going to solve through your explanation and be sure to include any relevant keywords.
- Add in a personal story to establish your credibility on this topic.
- Make sure to end your post with a summary of what your reader will gain by following your lead.
Step 2) BODY OF YOUR POST:
Now it’s time to deliver what you promised in the first section. This is the longest part of the post, so make it easy to read. Use short paragraphs, bullet lists, and bold headings to set different sections apart.
Some common section headers include:
Step 1: Getting Started
Step 2: Do Your Background Research on…
Step 3: First Steps for…
Step 4: Analyze and Repeat
Step 5: Wrapping Up
You can use bulleted lists, numbered list, or multiple headings. Include as many steps, numbers, or bullets that will allow you to discuss your topic thoroughly.
Here are some pointers to make the best possible body of your blog:
- Include visuals
- Include short explanatory phrases in your headers
- At the end, transition into your conclusion
Step 3) YOUR CONCLUSION:
Now it’s time to say goodbye and wrap up your post. Remind your readers of your key takeaway, reiterate what your readers need to do to get the desired result, and ask a question about how they see the topic to encourage comments and conversation. Don’t forget to add a Call-to-Action to turn your post into a marketing machine!
Congratulations! What a lovely post you’ve created.
Need more inspiration? Check out these “How-To” examples:
- How To Write Great Blog Articles That Get Opened, Read and Shared
- How to Do Keyword Research: A Beginner’s Guide
- How to Write an Effective Meta Description (Yes, They Still Matter)
COMMENT BELOW TO SHARE YOUR BLOGGING CHALLENGES AND WHAT YOU’VE DONE TO OVERCOME THEM